Inclusive Development International is seeking dynamic and experienced candidates for the role of Communications Coordinator to be based in our head office in Asheville, North Carolina.
The Communications Coordinator will have two primary areas of responsibility.
Public outreach: Working with the Research and Communications Director, the Communications Coordinator will support Inclusive Development International’s mission through press outreach and digital media, including our websites and social media platforms. The Communications Coordinator will also draft reports highlighting IDI’s work for donors and the public.
Investor engagement: Working with the Legal Director and Case Advocacy Team, the Communications Coordinator will draft written communications to companies, investors and other actors on a range of human rights and environmental issues to support our case and policy work.
- Work with the Research and Communications Director to develop and implement a communications strategy.
- Write press releases, pitch journalists, and develop relationships with reporters and editors.
- Manage IDI’s editorial calendar and press database.
- Manage and create content for IDI’s website and social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Track and analyze IDI’s online metrics.
- Work with the senior management team to draft IDI’s annual report, donor reports and fund-raising appeals.
- Work with the Legal Director and Case Advocacy Team to prepare letters and other communications to companies and investors exposed to harmful projects to advance IDI’s case and policy advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least three years of communications or media experience, preferably in the field of human rights, environmental justice and/or corporate accountability.
- A degree in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Strong writer who is able to communicate complex topics in a clear and accessible manner.
- Experience developing and implementing a communications strategy that includes press outreach, social media and a dynamic website.
- Track record of generating media coverage.
- Communications experience with a national or international human rights or environmental justice campaign, and especially engaging with corporate actors.
- Knowledge of the fields of human rights and corporate accountability.
- Comfortable working in a global organization that seeks to reach audiences in multiple countries and cultures.
- Experience living or working in a developing country.
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious, with a close attention to detail and a good sense of humor.
- Willingness to relocate to Asheville preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Inclusive Development International offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous 401k plan, health and life insurance. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a CV and expression of interest demonstrating your suitability for this position and elaborating on your past experience conducting similar responsibilities to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2019.
Should your application be short-listed, we will be in touch to schedule an interview with you and may request further written materials.
Start date: May 1, 2019
Inclusive Development International is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other prohibited category.
We are committed to diversity on our team and strongly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.